In remote moorland, it is a combination of burial mound and stone circle. At the centre is a cairn, 28ft across and three feet high. Outside the cairn are 15 slender stone slabs. Each about 6ft high, they lean outwards like bristling spears.
I had just by chance bumped into this expression recently watching a video of Michael Mcintyre. That is a bit of a coincidence, isn´t it. Minute 17:27
absolutely recommend watching Michael Mcintyre shows not only because
he´s a great stand up comedian but also because you´ll learn a lot of
English from him.
For those of you interested in Wales, this is a great website full of great information you can use for your classes ;) https://www.britannica.com/place/Wales
Getting to know Wales
Destination - Wales
Simon Griggs -tutor of our course- has walked and recomends the second part of the Wye Valley Walk (http://www.wyevalleywalk.org/), a route stretching from Chepstow in the south of Wales to Plynlimon in mid-Wales. If you like hiking,
Hay-on-Wye as the City of Books:
EISTEDDFOD Cultural Festival
- 25g Welsh Butter
- 375g Welsh Farmhouse Cheese
- 100ml Welsh Ale or Milk
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- A loaf fresh White Farmhouse Bread
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the grated cheese and stir over a low heat until melted.
- Pour in the ale or milk; add the Worcestershire sauce and any other flavouring you wish. Season to taste.
- Bring the mixture up to near boiling point, and then remove from the heat.
- Then toast the bread.
- Place on a baking sheet, pour over a good helping of rarebit mixture and brown either under a hot grill, or in a hot oven.
Here´s a recipe for Welsh cakes. I think they´re usually sweet but this is a savoury take on this old Welsh recipe.
ISN'T WALES REPRESENTED ON THE UNION JACK?
St David's Day craft activity with your classes if you work in Infants or Primary and wear your daffodil with pride! (Besides it's a lot more comfortable than sticking a thistle in your lapel on St Andrew's Day!!!)
St. FAGANS Museum
Many films have used theirs songs as soundtracks.